Sunday, January 29, 2012

the gift

gifts that last forever
are so hard to find...
a gift that stays static 
a gift that is never lost
and never forgotten. 

we tend to bury girts that reminds us of the past
forget about gifts
lose gifts


the greatest gift is love 
the thought of it
the simplicity
the sheer truth of love
the imperfection 
and the perfection

love makes us remember
love makes us hurt
love makes us want to forget
and love makes it all true. 

I stare blankly at the beautifully wrapped box
a silky green ribbon tied at the top
sitting on my dresser
unopened and untouched.
I feel as though everything will melt away
if I open it...the truth and the thought behind it
will be lost forever

so I leave it...sitting on my dresser
unopened and untouched
with the simple inscription on it
that I am grasping to hold onto forever
"Love You"


No comments:

Post a Comment